There are lots of traditions in this celebration:
- A lot of people in Riazor & Orzan beaches make bonfires.
- People eat sardines cooked in the bonfires.
- It is very typical to jump across the bonfires. A lot of time ago people thought that the fire would protect them after jumping.
- The legend also says that if you swim in the sea in St John's Night, you will be healthy for a year.
- One of the strangest traditions is that if you see mint flowering in that midnight, you would be lucky, but you can't tell it to anybody.
Most of the people that goes to the beach don´t go because the tradition, they just go to a party. The worst thing is that the beach becomes very dirty at the end of the party, like this:
Do you celebrate St. Jonhs? Do you do rituals? What rituals do you do?